Shoulders are one of my all time favourite muscle groups to train, and pretty much the only upper body session I will strictly commit to at least once a week. A few years ago, I didn’t even train shoulders, in fear of it looking ‘too manly’ , in reality though, building shoulders can have quite the opposite effect, giving the illusion of a smaller waist, and creating a more hour glass, womanly shape; in the world of competitive bodybuilding, the coveted ‘X’ shape.
- Simultaneous lateral raises x10
- Single arm lateral raise x10 each side
- Dumb bell front raises x10 each side
- Weight plate front raise x10
- Drop set weight plate front raise x10
(X5) ..For this Tri-set, you want the weight of the 2 dumb bells combined to be the highest, and then a reduced overall weight for the weight plate raises. This tri-set is effectively one really big drop set.
- L-lateral raises x10
- Dumb bell shoulder press x10
- Cable rope face pulls 5×10
- Iso-lateral shoulder press 5×10 each side
The beauty of this workout is that you can perform any of these exercises to failure without putting yourself at risk of injury, so don’t be afraid to go heavy! If you aren’t struggling to push through on those last few reps, you can afford to go harder.
Hope you all enjoy it, and let me know how you find it! Don’t forget to leave a comment, and give my blog a follow.
Happy training, lovely people.
Lots of love